Following the popularity of our first Keeeps Talk, we are hosting another exciting Q&A session, this time with none other than the lovely Wendy Johnson on Tuesday ??th May 2022 at Keeeps in Marlow.
For over thirty years, Wendy has been firing glass, porcelain, and raku. Trained in throwing by a Stoke potter, she stumbled across raku as her students were so keen on trying this outdoor firing technique, and she soon became completely obsessed. Wendy has exhibited her work all across the UK including at the Ashmoleum Museum in Oxford. Her distinctive and unique raku and porcelain ceramics are exquisite, she has extensive knowledge and experience, and her story is fascinating.
Complementary wine and nibbles will be available on the night and we are also including a £10 Keeeps voucher to spend with us online or in-store. Only 16 tickets are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Join us for a fun and informal evening amongst creatives, on you own or with friends, everyone is welcome!
6:30pm arrival, 7pm start, mingling from 8-9pm. Ticket price includes complementary wine, nibbles and a £10 Keeeps voucher
Keeeps, The White House, 72 High Street, Marlow SL7 1AH
- Water bottle
- Mask (optional)
- Clothes that you don’t mind getting dusty and dirty
- Flat shoes/trainers, no open toe shoes
- You will need to remove your rings so you may wish to leave these at home
- Hair tied back
- Sensible length nails if you are going on the pottery wheel
- Something to make fun or pretty textures in the clay (optional)
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult over 18 (does not apply to the Kids Clay Taster Class where they can come on their own)
- Please be punctual for the class and arrive 10 minutes in advance of the start time.
- Coffee and tea making facilities including 10 minute refreshment break
- All tools and equipment
- Class tuition by experienced potter
- On site ceramic technician
- Toilets are just large enough for clothes changing if required
- Air purification units fitted to both studios to eliminate Covid and other viruses via HEPA filtration
- Clay and a selection of glazes
- Kiln firing service to your pieces - can either be collected or posted to you 4-6 weeks later
Class fees include tuition, materials, firing costs and tea and coffee. Payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
- A full refund or transfer will be offered where you seek to cancel with notice of at least 14 days prior to the class date.
- For cancellations with prior notice of less than 14 days but more than 7 days from the class date, no refund will be offered, but the option of rearranging the class will be available.
- Cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice are non-refundable. In circumstances beyond your control, please contact us in store or by phone (01628397000) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the unlikely event that Keeeps cancels your class, we will do our best to organise an alternative date within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible a full refund will be offered..