This course is designed to teach you a higher level of throwing techniques, from clay preparation to finishing and glazing. You will be guided by an experienced potter to hone your skills over a 6-week period. You will need to have attended a clay taster class prior to booking onto a course. This course is built for a small group of students with varying experience, there will be a strong emphasis on 1 to 1 tuition to help you achieve successful results.
- Water bottle
- Mask (optional)
- Clothes that you don’t mind getting dusty and dirty
- Flat shoes/trainers, no open toe shoes
- You will need to remove your rings so you may wish to leave these at home
- Hair tied back
- Sensible length nails if you are going on the pottery wheel
- Something to make fun or pretty textures in the clay (optional)
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult over 18 (does not apply to the Kids Clay Taster Class where they can come on their own)
- Please be punctual for the class and arrive 10 minutes in advance of the start time.
- Coffee and tea making facilities including 10 minute refreshment break
- All tools and equipment
- Class tuition by experienced potter
- On site ceramic technician
- Toilets are just large enough for clothes changing if required
- Air purification units fitted to both studios to eliminate Covid and other viruses via HEPA filtration
- Clay and a selection of glazes
- Kiln firing service to your pieces - can either be collected or posted to you 4-6 weeks later
Class fees include tuition, materials, firing costs and tea and coffee. Payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
- A full refund or transfer will be offered where you seek to cancel with notice of at least 14 days prior to the class date.
- For cancellations with prior notice of less than 14 days but more than 7 days from the class date, no refund will be offered, but the option of rearranging the class will be available.
- Cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice are non-refundable. In circumstances beyond your control, please contact us in store or by phone (01628397000) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the unlikely event that Keeeps cancels your class, we will do our best to organise an alternative date within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible a full refund will be offered..