This short course is designed to teach you a higher level of throwing techniques, from clay preparation to finishing and glazing. You will be guided by an experienced potter to hone your skills over two 3 hour sessions.
This course is built for a small group of students with varying experience, for beginners and those wanting to refresh their wheel throwing skills, and there will be a strong emphasis on 1 to 1 tuition to help you achieve successful results.
You should be able to centre the clay on the wheel, and ideally have learnt this on our Wheel Taster Class. However, if you have experience of throwing and have learnt to centre outside of Keeeps, this course is still for you!
|Class Length||3 hours for 2 consecutive Saturday mornings|
|Age Group||16 years - 19 years|
|Method Taught||Wheel throwing, handbuilding|
|Maximum class size||6|
|Experience required||Beginners and improvers. Must be able to centre clay on the wheel. Ideally completed our Wheel Taster Class.|
- Water bottle
- Mask (optional)
- Clothes that you don’t mind getting dusty and dirty
- Flat shoes/trainers, no open toe shoes
- You will need to remove your rings so you may wish to leave these at home
- Hair tied back
- Sensible length nails if you are going on the pottery wheel
- Something to make fun or pretty textures in the clay (optional)
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult over 18 (does not apply to the Kids Clay Taster Class where they can come on their own)
- Please be punctual for the class and arrive 10 minutes in advance of the start time.
- Coffee and tea making facilities including 10 minute refreshment break
- All tools and equipment
- Class tuition by experienced potter
- On site ceramic technician
- Toilets are just large enough for clothes changing if required
- Clay and a selection of glazes
- Kiln firing service to your pieces - can either be collected or posted to you 4-6 weeks later
Class fees include tuition, materials, firing costs and tea and coffee. Payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
- A full refund or transfer will be offered where you seek to cancel with notice of at least 14 days prior to the class date.
- For cancellations with prior notice of less than 14 days but more than 7 days from the class date, no refund will be offered, but the option of rearranging the class will be available.
- Cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice are non-refundable. In circumstances beyond your control, please contact us in store or by phone (01628397000) or email (email@example.com).
- In the unlikely event that Keeeps cancels your class, we will do our best to organise an alternative date within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible a full refund will be offered..