This course is designed to teach you a higher level of pottery wheel throwing techniques, from clay preparation to finishing and glazing. You will be guided by an experienced potter to hone your skills over a 6-week period.
You will need to have attended a clay or wheel taster class prior to booking onto a course. If you have pottery experience gained elsewhere, give us a call as it may be that you can join anyway!
Worried you cannot attend one of the sessions due to a pre-booked engagement or a last minute emergency? Don't worry, we offer one free "Course Catch Up 1-2-1" for those who can't make one class. A one-hour 1-2-1 to make sure you don't miss out on any learning.
"This course was honestly just the best experience. I have always wanted to get into pottery but I'm now completely and utterly hooked. David was just brilliant. I'm going to come on another course in a couple of months and I can't wait." Miss R, Maidenhead
This course is built for a small group of pottery students with varying experience, there will be a strong emphasis on 1 to 1 tuition to help you achieve successful results. Come and join us!
|2 hours on one weekday evening for 6 weeks (click 'i' next to the date selection above to see each term's dates)
|16 years - 99 years
|Maximum class size
|Beginner and Improver. Must have tried wheel throwing previously, preferably at a Keeeps Taster Class
- Water bottle
- Mask (optional)
- Clothes that you don’t mind getting dusty and dirty
- Flat shoes/trainers, no open toe shoes
- You will need to remove your rings so you may wish to leave these at home
- Hair tied back
- Sensible length nails if you are going on the pottery wheel
- Something to make fun or pretty textures in the clay (optional)
- Children aged 15 and under joining adult classes must be accompanied by an adult over 18 (this does not apply to the Kids Holiday Pottery Club, After School Club or Kids Clay Taster Class as these are classes specifically for kids to have fun together!)
- Please be punctual for the class and arrive 15 minutes in advance of the start time. Remember to give yourself enough time to park, especially at the weekend
- Coffee and tea making facilities including 10 minute refreshment break
- All tools and equipment
- Class tuition by experienced potter
- On site ceramic technician
- Toilets are just large enough for clothes changing if required
- Clay and a selection of glazes
- Kiln firing service to your pieces - can either be collected or posted to you 4-6 weeks later
Class fees include tuition, materials, firing costs and tea and coffee. Payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
- A full refund or transfer will be offered where you seek to cancel with notice of at least 14 days prior to the class date.
- For cancellations with prior notice of less than 14 days but more than 7 days from the class date, no refund will be offered, but the option of rearranging the class will be available.
- Cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice are non-refundable. In circumstances beyond your control, please contact us in store or by phone (01628397000) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the unlikely event that Keeeps cancels your class, we will do our best to organise an alternative date within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible a full refund will be offered..