This short pottery course is designed to teach you a higher level of wheel throwing techniques, from clay preparation to finishing and glazing. Over two 3-hour sessions, you will be guided by an experienced potter to hone your wheel throwing skills.
This course is built for a small group of students with varying levels of experience. It's for beginners with no knowledge of pottery as well as those wanting to refresh their wheel-throwing skills.
There will be a maximum number of 6 people on the course so there will be a strong emphasis on 1-to-1 tuition to help you achieve successful results.
You can read more about our two-week wheel throwing course, along with our other Wheel Throwing courses, in our blog post!
|3 hours for 2 consecutive mid-week daytimes
|16 years - 99 years
|Maximum class size
|Beginners and improvers. Ideally completed our Wheel Taster Class but not required!
- Water bottle
- Mask (optional)
- Clothes that you don’t mind getting dusty and dirty
- Flat shoes/trainers, no open toe shoes
- You will need to remove your rings so you may wish to leave these at home
- Hair tied back
- Sensible length nails if you are going on the pottery wheel
- Something to make fun or pretty textures in the clay (optional)
- Children aged 15 and under joining adult classes must be accompanied by an adult over 18 (this does not apply to the Kids Holiday Pottery Club, After School Club or Kids Clay Taster Class as these are classes specifically for kids to have fun together!)
- Please be punctual for the class and arrive 15 minutes in advance of the start time. Remember to give yourself enough time to park, especially at the weekend
- Coffee and tea making facilities including 10 minute refreshment break
- All tools and equipment
- Class tuition by experienced potter
- On site ceramic technician
- Toilets are just large enough for clothes changing if required
- Clay and a selection of glazes
- Kiln firing service to your pieces - can either be collected or posted to you 4-6 weeks later
Class fees include tuition, materials, firing costs and tea and coffee. Payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
- A full refund or transfer will be offered where you seek to cancel with notice of at least 14 days prior to the class date.
- For cancellations with prior notice of less than 14 days but more than 7 days from the class date, no refund will be offered, but the option of rearranging the class will be available.
- Cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice are non-refundable. In circumstances beyond your control, please contact us in store or by phone (01628397000) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the unlikely event that Keeeps cancels your class, we will do our best to organise an alternative date within a reasonable period of time. If this is not possible a full refund will be offered..